Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Final Boss!

Review Time!

This time we continue our quest to find a great free indie game, and today I think I've found it.

The Title Screen!


I found Final Boss while looking around on PixelProspector.com  an indie game library site with a huge archive of games.
The game itself came from the creative minds of  Ebbo and eebrozgi at  http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29058.
Now I can tell you right up front that this game is As Hard As HECK.


The game begins with a tutorial explaining the controls.
The story of the game is as follows "This is the story of a fighter who wanted to become... The Final Boss
In order to achieve this dream for must stand against gigantic alien fleet known as

The Green Orange and face their leader.

It's a tale full of death and sorrow

But it is your destiny you may not escape it!"

I can only say that the absence of a story suits this game, so the starting cutscene that tells you about the story is welcome as the rest of the game doesn't care for story (being focused on gameplay).
Now onto the gameplay of this outstanding game.

The game itself involves classic shoot-em-up action with a constantly scrolling screen and hundreds of enemies (not all at once of course).

The begging  of the first level
The game supports multiplayer but unfortunately I don't have another person to help me, so I can't show you it.
Anyway the game itself has a wonderful color pallet of green, orange, and light orange while this may seem off putting it fits the game very well. There is a local high score board that you can try and beat your friends scores on. Finally there is a score multiplier that will drain if you don't keep destroying enemies.

A first glimpse of what is to come.

Now I'll show you some more pictures of the game as I've covered everything about this title. Also as a last note, the game is still in development and most likely won't be completed for some time.

High Score screen.


Options Screen
More Options



















Mini Boss

Some more Mini Boss action
Defeat of the Mini Boss!!!


Uh oh...








What's that?





















AHHHHHHHh!!!!


I got a Prize!
























Later on...


No no no NOOOOO!!!!

No........




















And that closes up this review!
Thank you all so much for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    This is Ebbo.
    Thank you for your kind words. Even though I hadn't noticed this post before it really lifted my spirit today.
    It motivates us to keep working on Final Boss. Hopefully we'll be able to release new version soon enough.
    I'm not sure if you'll notice this but thank you once more!

    ReplyDelete